- Exciting positions in international teams
- Undergraduate and Master's Programs
- Graduate training and Doctoral Programs
- Post-doctoral training
- Tenure track
Institute of Biotechnology
(Visiting address: Viikinkaari 9)
00014 University of Helsinki
Tel +358 9 191 59358
Fax +358 9 1915 9366
University of Helsinki Business
Identity Code: FI-03134717
Exciting positions in international teams
The Institute of Biotechnology - BI - offers exciting positions at all levels of your research training and career. Here you will find first class research and state-of-the-art scientific services. As a member of one our groups you will be part of a young international team, using English as your working language.
The atmosphere at BI is stimulating, and a disticnt pioneering spirit can be felt among our staff. BI housed on the Viikki campus with "a touch of life" offers an inspiring home to about 300 scientists and administrative staff.
BI's research groups are well funded to support a number of pre- and post-doctoral positions. There is a strong tradition to encourage traveling and participation in meetings and courses. BI also participates in organizing international meetings and courses every year especially within the graduate program curricula.
If you come to work at BI, we also recognize your private needs and try to make relocation as smooth as possible. For newcomers, there are short-term housing possibilities. Our administrative staff is helpful in your legal requirements including visas, work permits, health insurance and family matters.
Finland is an outstanding country for parent with young kids with world-class public day-care and education, and Helsinki offers a range of foreign language schooling options. We are also very aware that many of our new employees are accompanied by spouses looking for qualified positions, and in some cases can help secure positions.
BI has a program to support your efforts to learn the local languages and we have several possibilities for team and personal exercise.
Ph.D. Thesis from the Institute
Peutz-Jeghers Polyposis and the LKB1 Tumor Suppressor
- Helsinki Graduate Program in Biotechnology and Molecular Biology
- Viikki Doctoral Programme in Molecular Biosciences
- Finnish Graduate School of Neuroscience
- Helsinki Biomedical Graduate School
- FinBioNet - Finnish Graduate School Network in Life Sciences
B.Sc. & M.Sc. studies
- The Master's Degree Programme in Biotechnology (MBIOT)
- Undergraduate training (HEBIOT)
- Master`s Degree Programme in Neurosciences (MNEURO)
- En route to the doctorate
- Viikki campus
- Viikki campus event calendar
- Viikki Research Groups in Biosciences
- Biocentrum Helsinki
- University in brief
- Helsinki.fi city portal
- Finnish Researcher’s Mobility Portal
- European Researcher’s Mobility Portal